January 2020 Gwern.net newsletter with 5 writeups, and links on AI scaling, videos-for-cats, and art; 1 book and 1 opera review.
January 2020’s Gwern.net newsletter is now out; previous, December 2019/2019 round-up (archives). This is a collation of links and summary of major changes, overlapping with my Changelog; brought to you by my donors on Patreon.
- “Danbooru2019: A Large-Scale Crowdsourced and Tagged Anime Illustration Dataset”
- Preference Learning GPT-2 Music: Null Result
- This Waifu Does Not Existv3: 100k StyleGAN 2 anime portrait samples
- Subreddit Simulator: GPT-2-1.5b upgrade
- 14 Internet Search Case Studies
- Gwern.net: margin notes are now inlined on mobile
- An Introduction to Japanese Court Poetry, Miner 1968 (review)