Welcome to the January 2014 edition of the
gwern.net mailing list; the previous edition was December. If you do not want to receive these monthly emails, there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom.
The purpose of this mailing list is to be a summarized version of the site RSS feed (which lists every patch, no matter how small), overlapping with my Changelog page, but in a push/notification medium rather than pull. It also includes material from my Google+ & the LW media threads.
- I have begun systematically spidering all operational darknet markets
- Haskell Summer of Code: 2013 review
- font/number size & table of contents background AB test finished, with consideration of value of interactions
- diff of “Radiance” and part I of Radiance
- rewrote configuration for Hakyll 4
- converted site’s Darcs repository to Git & hosted on GitHub
- The Psychology of Invention in the Mathematical Field, Jacques Hadamard (1945; review)
- The City of Falling Angels, Berendt (2000; review)
- Six Memos For The Next Millennium, Italo Calvino (1985)
- Oyasumi Punpun (see TvTropes; dark and depressing—worth a reread but not sure I can bring myself to do it)
- Computer Chess (great world-building for a plot that did not deserve it)