rotten > Library > Death > Suicide > Famous Suicides|
- Johnny Ace, Russian roulette.
- Chris Acland, drummer for Lush.
- Stuart Adamson, lead singer, Big Country.
- Howard Armstrong, invented FM radio.
- Diana Barrymore, actress, alcohol and sleeping pills.
- Clara Blandick, Auntie Em in the Wizard of Oz, sleeping pills.
- Jonathan Brandis, actor Seaquest DSV, hanged.
- Eva Braun, Adolf Hitler's mistress, in the Fuhrerbunker.
- Richard Brautigan, author, cranial GSW.
- Cleopatra, asp.
- Kurt Cobain, shotgun, Seattle.
- Ray Combs, host of Family Feud, hanged himself at Glendale Adventist Hospital.
- Hart Crane, poet, drowning.
- Dennis Crosby, son of Bing Crosby, shotgun.
- Lindsay Crosby, son of Bing Crosby, shotgun.
- Andrew Cunanan, homosexual serial killer, gunshot.
- Ian Curtis, of Joy Division, hanged himself on the eve of their American tour.
- George Armstrong Custer, probable suicide with pistol.
- Thich Quang Duc, self-immolation, Saigon.
- R. Budd Dwyer, Pennsylvania state treasurer, gunshot.
- George Eastman, pistol.
- Lillian Millicent Entwistle, starlet, jumped off the Hollywood sign.
- Brian Epstein, Beatles manager, likely suicide by pills.
- Sergei Esenin, Russian poet, hanging.
- Tom Evans, of Badfinger, hanged, Surrey.
- David Ferrie, person of interest in the John F. Kennedy assassination.
- Sigmund Freud, psychoanalyst, morphine overdose.
- Gerard de Nerval, poet and author, hanged himself.
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author.
- Joseph Goebbels.
- Hermann Goering, poison pill prior to his hanging sentence.
- Vincent van Gogh, gunshot.
- Anton Gustafsson, Iron Maiden tribute artist.
- Peter Ham, of Badfinger, hanged.
- Rusty Hamer, Danny Thomas' son on Make Room For Daddy, gunshot.
- Sadeq Hedayat, author of The Blind Owl, natural gas inhalation.
- Rudolf Hess, strangled himself in prison, Spandau East Berlin.
- Ernest Hemingway, shotgun.
- Margaux Hemingway, actress, barbiturates.
- Heinrich Himmler, cyanide capsule.
- Adolf Hitler, pistol and cyanide.
- Abbie Hoffman, counterculture author of Steal This Book.
- Douglas Hopkins, of the Gin Blossoms, shot himself.
- Robert E. Howard, author, pistol.
- Michael Hutchence, of INXS, hanging or possibly Autoerotic Asphyxiation. In the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Sydney, Australia.
- Terry Jones, David Bowie's brother.
- Terry Kath, of the band Chicago, Russian roulette.
- Vachel Lindsay, poet and essayist, Lysol.
- Vladimir Mayakovsky, Russian Futurist poet.
- Yukio Mishima, Japanese playwright, seppuku.
- Marilyn Monroe, pills.
- George de Mohrenschildt, gunshot.
- Jan Palach, Czech protester, self-immolation.
- Robert Pilatus, of Milli Vanilli.
- Sylvia Plath, poet, inhaling natural gas.
- Dana Plato, pills.
- Freddie Prinze, Chico and the Man, gunshot.
- Geli Raubal, Hitler's niece, gunshot in 1939.
- Margaret Mary Ray, David Letterman's stalker, knelt in front of a train.
- George Reeves, actor, played Superman.
- Bobby Sands, of the IRA, hunger strike.
- George Sanders, actor, sleeping-pill overdose.
- Savannah, porn star, gunshot.
- Shauna Grant, porn star, gunshot.
- Socrates, hemlock.
- Screaming Lord Sutch, founder of England's Monster Raving Loonie Party.
- Del Shannon, vocalist, .22 caliber rifle.
- Elliott Smith, singer-songwriter, stabbed himself.
- David Strickland, Suddenly Susan co-star, hanged himself in Las Vegas.
- Sara Teasdale, poet, drowning.
- Jason Thirsk, of Pennywise, gunshot.
- Thelma Todd, actress, carbon monoxide.
- E. William Tucker, of Ministry and Pigface, pills and slit his own throat.
- Alan Turing, computer scientist and cryptographer, poisoned apple.
- Lupe Velez, the Mexican Spitfire, sleeping pills.
- Herve Villechaize, midget Fantasy Island actor, shotgun.
- James Whale, Frankenstein director, shallow dive.
- Dan White, assassin of S.F. Mayor Moscone, carbon monoxide.
- Paul Williams of The Temptations, gunshot.
- Wendy O. Williams of The Plasmatics, shot herself in the woods outside her home in 1998.
- Alan Wilson, of Canned Heat.
- Virginia Woolf, drowning.
- Marshall Applewhite, mass suicide, San Diego.
- Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Columbine massacre.
- George Hennard, Luby's Cafeteria massacre.
- Luc Jouret, homeopath, Chiery, Switzerland and Montreal, Canada.
- Marc Lepine, Canada's most prolific spree killer.
- Woo Bum-Kon, spree killer, Uiryong, Korea.
- Jim Jones, mass suicide, Guyana.
- Jurgen Bartsch, German serial killer.
- Angela Bowie, David Bowie's first wife.
- Marianne Faithful, singer, girlfriend of Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger.
- David Gahan, lead singer of Depeche Mode.
- Judy Garland, several suicide attempts.
- John Hinckley, tylenol.
- Vanilla Ice, white rapper.
- Ted Kaczynski, tried to hang himself with his underwear in prison.
- Michael "Mucko" McDermott, spree killing Q.A. engineer.
- Richard Pryor, comedian, self-immolation.
- Cary Stayner, serial killer.
|10 Nov 1887
||Louis Lingg, scheduled to be hanged for his alleged role in the Haymarket riot bomb, commits suicide by holding a lit stick of dynamite in his mouth.
|14 Dec 1944
||Lupe Velez, Hollywood's "Mexican Spitfire" of the 1940's, commits suicide with an overdose of sleeping pills. Contrary to her plans of being found laid out on the bed in a silk nightgown, she is instead discovered in the bathroom with her head in the toilet. Her ex-husband, Tarzan star Johnny Weismuller, frequently used to beat her.
Fetish Maximus |
Faces of Death |