A list of papers/books/materials I have failed to obtain, and financial bounties for anyone who can provide copies to me or the Internet.
created: 31 Dec 2018; modified: 14 Jun 2019; status: in progress; confidence: log; importance: 1
Sometimes in research, despite my best search techniques, I am unable to get a digital copy of a paper or book. This page lists my failures to date, and offers bounties for anyone who can get me a digital copy of them (often possible via a university ILL department, which are no longer accessible to me).
Unless otherwise specified, the current bounty is $10 for papers/theses/chapters & $20 for books/videos/miscellaneous; I can do Bitcoin, PayPal or Amazon gift cards most easily, other payment methods will be more work. (I may pay bounty+costs if not unreasonable or you contact me in advance with the total.)
To claim a bounty, contact me with the copy. (Payments are first-come-first served unless you contact me in advance so I can remove it from the list & avoid unnecessary duplication.)
Current count of filled bounties: 28.
- Origin and Evolution of Double Entry Bookkeeping: A Study of Italian Practice from the Fourteenth Century, Peragallo 1938 (ASIN B000OUUZTC) [book]
- Man and Wolf: Advances, Issues, and Problems in Captive Wolf Research, ed Frank 1987 (Series: Perspectives in Vertebrate Science) (ISBN: 9061936144) [book]
- Domestic cat gene frequencies: a catalogue and bibliography, Lloyd & Todd 1989, ISBN: 0951431706 / 9780951431702 [book]
- Florentine Studies: Politics and Society in Renaissance Florence, Rubinstein 1968 (ISBN 057108477X) [book]
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons: the Secret History, Hansen 1988 (ISBN 0517567407) [book]
- Heart’s Flower: The Life and Poetry of Shinkei, Ramirez-Christensen 1994 (ISBN 0804722536) [book]
- The Distant Isle: Studies and Translations of Japanese Literature in Honor of Robert H. Brower, Hare et al 1997 (ISBN: 0939512726) [book]
- Thorndike, Robert 1967.
“Vocabulary Test G-T: Directions and Norms”. New York: Institute of Psychological Research, mimeograph.
- McGurk 1951,
“Comparison of the Performance of Negro and White High School Seniors on Cultural and Noncultural Psychological Test Questions”(PhD thesis)
- Lowenthal & Wason 1977,
“Academics and their writing”. London Times Literary Supplement, June 24, p. 782.
- Man High: The True account of Lt. Col. David G. Simons (MC) USAF, Simons & Schanche 1960 (ASIN B000Z2824O)
- The Overview Effect: Space Exploration and Human Evolution (Library of Flight), White 2014 (ISBN 162410262X) [book]
- Educational programs and intellectual prodigies, ed Stanley et al 1978 [book]
- Advances in Motivation and Achievement: Women in Science, Steinkamp & Maehr 1984 (Series: Advances in Motivation & Achievement) (ISBN 0892322888) [book]
- Lange, Melissa Bernadine.
“The educational and vocational preferences of a cohort spatially gifted females and males from the Study of Mathematically Precocious Youth.”PhD dissertation, Iowa State University, 1999. [Citation from Google Scholar; WorldCat] [thesis]
8 papers which I found cited in chapter 3
“Carbon Dioxide”of Emergency and Continuous Exposure Guidance Levels for Selected Submarine Contaminants, National Research Council (2007):
- Radziszewski, E., L. Giacomoni, and R. Guillerm. 1988. “Effets physiologiques chez l’homme du confinement du longue duree en atmosphere enrichie en dioxyde de carbone”. Pp. 19-23 in Proceedings of the Colloquium on Space and Sea [in French]. European Space Agency, Brussels, Belgium (as cited in NRC 1996). [paper]
Kajtar L, Herczeg L, Lang E. 2003.
“Examination of influence of CO2 concentration by scientific methods in the laboratory”In: Proceedings of Healthy Buildings 2003, 7–11 December 2003. Singapore: Stallion Press, 176–181. [paper/chapter]
- Alexandre Privat d’Anglemont, Paris anecdoté (1854)/Paris Inconnu (1861): English translations
- Patterns of Nuptuality and Fertility in Israel—with special reference to differences between origin groups and their assimilation, Gabriel 1960 [Thesis for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy Written under the supervision of Prof. R. Bachi of the Hebrew University] (ASIN B005HKFSVO) [book]
- Research in Social Problems and Public Policy: A Research Annual, Vol. 4, ed Miller & Lewis 1987 (ISBN 0892325607) [book]
Unknown title, survey article cited on “Integrated Cognitive Systems”, pg92 of On Machine Intelligence, Donald Michie:
How long is it likely to be before a machine can be developed approximating to adult human standards of intellectual performance? In a recent poll , thirty-five out of forty-two people engaged in this sort of research gave estimates between ten and one hundred years. There is also fair agreement that the chief obstacles are not hardware limitations. 
- European AISB Newsletter, no. 9, 4 (1969)
- Philosophical Papers, Frank P. Ramsey / D. H. Mellor (ed.), 1990, ISBN 0521376211
- Frank Ramsey (1903–1930): A Sister’s Memoir, Margaret Paul 2012, ISBN 9781854632487
“The Application of the ‘Law of Error’ to the Work of the Brewery”(William Sealy Gosset, 1904 Laboratory Report, Nov. 3, 1904)